I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
To be redone
Before we start, that is a picture of Keanu Reeves eating a cupcake! Sadly it’s not one of mine or am I the cupcake!! But I thought this picture would be better than just a cupcake alone for today ; ) One of the problems I found when starting baking was cupcake cases peeling away from the cake after baking!This is a big problem when doing batches of cupcakes for customers, It basically means starting over which can make you want to tear your hair out! I stressed for a couple of months ...
Hello, good morning! just wonna post in case I ever loose my recipe book, I can come back here: when covering a cake, you have to work faster than with butercream, but you have ways more time compared to ganache. I tried this combination because I wasn’t in the mood for making a real ganache (it takes a while if you don’t have a microwave). it’s a super fast recipe and I find it finger-licking good. Exactly tastes like the filling of “Prinzenrolle”, an Aust...
I’m not very good with English so let talk about the pictures, I hope they are understandable. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can
Hi guys, hoping you all can help me please. I’m making a cake for next weekend and need to make an octagonalCage for the top of the cake. It’s a UFC themed cake. I have tried royal icing but it’s very delicate and easily breaks. Any ideas would be appreciated.
This weird deviced is called Sheet rock circle cutter and can be found at your local harware store for about $12. I can’t live with out it!!!
I made a WACKY NAUGHTY CAKE a few months back and thought I’ll share how I made it.A birthday gift from my client to her hubby dear on his birthday.She wanted a really wacky cake of a lady’s bust.Each…. had vodka miniature bottles inserted inside just for kicks.;)Now here is the pictorial tutorial: Step 1:Begin by baking two dome shaped cakes of six inches diameter.Cut into layers to fill.Start by filling the cake with chocolate ganache.Once filled,using a 1.5 inch st...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 115 entries
- Bobbie - 43 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- timefortiffin - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries