How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
1.Here is a picture with all the materials needed. 2. Roll out your pink fondant on a non stick surface. 3. Cut out a large fluted round with a fluted round cutter. 4. Now cut out atleast 1/3 of the round leaving a fan shape. 5. Now indent the fan with a smaller plain edge round cutter. 6. Now using a knife or craft knife, indent lines with equal gaps like show in the picture. 7. Now using the “smiley tool” create indents like in the pic. ...
Hi We are chuffed with the response from our customers with the Cakes-Away postable box. Had some lovely images posted on FB and twitter of results. The box has been extensively tested by us and we know it works – there are just two simple things that need to be right. 1. The cupcakes the right size for the box – which is why we have provided the cases with the boxes. 2. The icing needs to adhere to the cupcakes. Its as easy as that. Our design means that if you ...
little angels christmas cookies xmas tree
Is someone having a camo party and want to make their party complete with a camo cake or cupcakes well here is the perfect tutorial to show you how. http://thecraftymamablog.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/camouflage-cupcakes-tutorial/ I started out with 2 box mixes, one chocolate, one white. Divide the batter into 4 bowls. 1: White batter. 2: White batter with green food coloring and a dash of chocolate batter. 3: Equal parts chocolate and white batter. 4: Chocolate batter. ...
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
Ruffles are everywhere these days, and recently I had a bride want ruffles on her wedding cake. But not fondant ruffles – Oh no, she wanted butter cream ruffles. So I took a few hours to figure them out and I documented the process. Let’s start with an image of the technique, almost completed: Pretty, huh? The best part is, you only need 2 tips to accomplish this look! I have seen a rose tip used to make ruffles, but I have found that the Ateco Tip 070 is absolut...
There was a time when I was doing purse cake almost every week, and sometimes more than one. Creating that worn look and texture of a real material led me to experimenting with plastic wrap. Here is the result! I’d say it adds an extra dimension and interest to the whole piece, because we all love our own special purses, even if it has some wrinkles to it! The extra plus of having plastic wrap is that you can pick the whole piece, fondant and wrap, lay it across the cake and smooth ...
Monograms have been a big trend with wedding cakes now for a couple of years. I do at least one or two monograms a month. I have several different methods I use, but this will be my new “easy monogram” method. And I must confess that I been obsessed with Pinterest lately, so I asked my hubby to help me make my tutorial “Pinterest Friendly”. I’m not sure that it is Pinterest Friendly (its longer than I expected), but it is a very easy method for making monogra...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 17 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 13 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 94 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Bobbie - 16 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- Melinartcakes - 11 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries