Hi guys, hoping you all can help me please. I’m making a cake for next weekend and need to make an octagonalCage for the top of the cake. It’s a UFC themed cake. I have tried royal icing but it’s very delicate and easily breaks. Any ideas would be appreciated.
This weird deviced is called Sheet rock circle cutter and can be found at your local harware store for about $12. I can’t live with out it!!!
I made a WACKY NAUGHTY CAKE a few months back and thought I’ll share how I made it.A birthday gift from my client to her hubby dear on his birthday.She wanted a really wacky cake of a lady’s bust.Each…. had vodka miniature bottles inserted inside just for kicks.;)Now here is the pictorial tutorial: Step 1:Begin by baking two dome shaped cakes of six inches diameter.Cut into layers to fill.Start by filling the cake with chocolate ganache.Once filled,using a 1.5 inch st...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
1.Here is a picture with all the materials needed. 2. Roll out your pink fondant on a non stick surface. 3. Cut out a large fluted round with a fluted round cutter. 4. Now cut out atleast 1/3 of the round leaving a fan shape. 5. Now indent the fan with a smaller plain edge round cutter. 6. Now using a knife or craft knife, indent lines with equal gaps like show in the picture. 7. Now using the “smiley tool” create indents like in the pic. ...
Hi We are chuffed with the response from our customers with the Cakes-Away postable box. Had some lovely images posted on FB and twitter of results. The box has been extensively tested by us and we know it works – there are just two simple things that need to be right. 1. The cupcakes the right size for the box – which is why we have provided the cases with the boxes. 2. The icing needs to adhere to the cupcakes. Its as easy as that. Our design means that if you ...
little angels christmas cookies xmas tree
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 89 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries