I used sugarveil for the first time last weekend. I found it quite easy to do. Fix mix as per the instructions. I left this to sit for about 1/2 hour and then i was eager to use it. Lay your mat on a flat board as it will be easier to move to leave it somewhere to dry. When you are ready give the sugarveil a bit of a stir as it goes sort of “marshmallowy” once its been sitting. Scoop a bit out onto your mat using a spatula, then using the spatula (i found this ea...
These are a few of my new toys. The scales were an in expected Xmas present, I hadn’t even got around to looking for a new pair myself. I am over the moon with them, they even measure liquid which is brilliant for measuring my water accurate for sugarveil. My daughter bought me the 2 little tea pot cutters I thought they would look lovely at school coffee mornings in 2013And last is my A3 10L storage box I’ve got 2 of these from staples which are going to live ontop of my frid...
Right before I start close your eyes and imagin a 3 tiered Xmas tree with a stump covered in pretty lights red tasseled sugarveil for tinsel and isomalt baubles :-) that’s what my mess was suppose to look like. As you can tell it didn’t go to plan I know it’s my own fault in not practicing before the day I need it completing but another lesson learned at my expense and I’m gutted. The tree went ok top is plain Madeira the 2nd chocolate Madeira 3 lemon and trunk ch...
Well been upto my eyes in it this last week. I did go Xmas shopping and landed in tkmax to my joy I found had a cakey dept :-) I ended up with a blow torch, train cake mould, nice decorative cake stand, and loads more for 1/2 the price (I did also get some Xmas presents for people lol)I also got 1/2 my Xmas present form my mum a new mixer and its fab as it is a stand one that can detach as well 390w a lot better than my 120w hand mixer. I’m entering a Xmas cake comp so been busy trying...
I had started gathering all my cake essentials and came across a brilliant web site www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk and OMG I must be a rated customer now :-) its like toysrus for cake lovers. The product I took to straight away was the sugarveil it just looked fab and how right I was. While I eagerly waited for it to arrive I research the Internet for how to do it, what goes wrong which was good as the first time I used it, it turned out perfect. I now make sugarveil everyday. The start u...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 117 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 21 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- FindYourCake - 8 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries