I am not an expert at this by any means. I have just done a ton of trial and lots of errors so I wanted to share what I learned so far. If anyone has anymore tips please let me know and I will adjust the tutorial. What you will need: Isomalt Crystals Distilled Water Ice Cubes (I recommend not using bagged ice. I has holes and makes it difficult to get the coral out) Heavy Metal Sauce Pan Stock Pot Whisk Candy Thermometer Silpat Mat Tray Airbrush Color Desiccant Pac...
Crystallizing flowers will give your cakes that special touch all bakers long for – although it takes a little bit of work, the end result is well worth it. Here’s how: Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. gelatin (Knox can be used, but it tends to lump) 6 Tbsp. Water at room temperature Sprinkle the gelatin over water and mix right away – if bubbles form, skim them off the top. Allow mixture to rest for 2-3 minutes until it reaches a sponge-like consistency. Take hardened gelat...
It’s been a long time I posted a Blog entry to this Series. I noticed that there were lot of Sugar Flowers and Gumpaste flowers posted lately and I would like to show you some of them on one place. If you know about any other flowers that are on CakesDecor and I forgot to include them here, feel free to add them to comments.
Before I set off into town this morning I moulded some silicone plastic around a marble in the hope that it would give me a clean 1 inch bauble type sphere when it had set. As you can see from the picture above it worked I just need to get my little ones in bed then I’m going to test it out along with my beer bottle mould. While wandering round the shops today I popped into save the children and what should I find but a huge pot mixing bowl £2.99 what a bargain and x2 ca...
Well today the last day of the 2012 was the day I got in the kitchen to play with sugar. The weighing was fine the mixing was fine but then came the boiling and omg it was bubbling red hot scalding I s#i# myself to put it bluntly!I used my thermometer to test until it rose to 160c I had my moulds already and a bucket of cold water to empty it out into. My first problem was with the small ball. The sugar was not hot enough and didn’t poor out so I ended up with a solid ball, my mould...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 17 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 13 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 94 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Bobbie - 16 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- Melinartcakes - 11 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries