Thanks to a few people who have urged me to share the process of making a fondant fairy plaque, I’ve created a photo tutorial. Enjoy..and let me know if you have any questions :) I found a fairy image I liked by Googling “fairy coloring pages.”. I’ve also done several ‘Rainbow magic fairy’ cakes in the past. Print at least two copies to scale for your cake. In this photo, you see the bottom of an 8 inch cake pan. I made a seven inch round ...
Hi, bakers, if anyone has a cherry/banana cake recipe that you’d like to share, PLEASE, post it – you’ll be helping me out of a jam (no pun intended). I just got an order for a Mother’s Day cake and the client wants a white cake with a cherry-banana filling. I’ve never done this combination – but I would think that a cherry filling is quite sweet and maybe a chocolate cake might be better… but since I’m not sure, I will welcome your recipes!...
Ingredients: For the cake 1 1/4 cups cake flour 3/4 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 cup milk 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste 4 Tbsp unsalted butter 3 large eggs + 3 egg yolks, at room temp 1 cup sugar For the coffee syrup 8 Tbsp strongly brewed coffee 1/4 cup sugar For the frosting 1 cup heavy cream 8oz mascarpone 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup powdered sugar Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting Chocolate coffee beans, for garnish Instructions ...
Cupcake Ingredients: (Makes appx 24) 3/4 cup strong hot coffee 3 tsp instant espresso powder 3/4 cup dark cocoa 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 2 cups brown sugar 3 large eggs, room temperature 2 1/2 cups flour 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp kosher salt 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp sour cream, room temperature Preheat oven to 350°. Line cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners Whisk together cof...
You will need Silicone Spatula Giant cupcake mould (silicone) White Chocolate – 300gms A fridge LOL Colouring to your desired choice A little patience Firstly bake your Giant cupcake, allow to cool and set to one side. I use a silicone mould for my giant cupcakes, I find them much more versatile than the metal tins and much easier. I also dont use Candy melts because a few people say that they are far too sweet, I stick with White chocolate and providing tha...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 89 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries