I am not an expert at this by any means. I have just done a ton of trial and lots of errors so I wanted to share what I learned so far. If anyone has anymore tips please let me know and I will adjust the tutorial. What you will need: Isomalt Crystals Distilled Water Ice Cubes (I recommend not using bagged ice. I has holes and makes it difficult to get the coral out) Heavy Metal Sauce Pan Stock Pot Whisk Candy Thermometer Silpat Mat Tray Airbrush Color Desiccant Pac...
Well been upto my eyes in it this last week. I did go Xmas shopping and landed in tkmax to my joy I found had a cakey dept :-) I ended up with a blow torch, train cake mould, nice decorative cake stand, and loads more for 1/2 the price (I did also get some Xmas presents for people lol)I also got 1/2 my Xmas present form my mum a new mixer and its fab as it is a stand one that can detach as well 390w a lot better than my 120w hand mixer. I’m entering a Xmas cake comp so been busy trying...
Right before I start close your eyes and imagin a 3 tiered Xmas tree with a stump covered in pretty lights red tasseled sugarveil for tinsel and isomalt baubles :-) that’s what my mess was suppose to look like. As you can tell it didn’t go to plan I know it’s my own fault in not practicing before the day I need it completing but another lesson learned at my expense and I’m gutted. The tree went ok top is plain Madeira the 2nd chocolate Madeira 3 lemon and trunk ch...
So if you’ve been following my blog you will know that over the past couple of months I’ve been getting a lot of new gadgets to play with :-) from cutters to cricut machines and sugarveil to isomalt Well I got 3 new ones today!The first is a New York skyline cutter my idea is to use it on my daughters 19th birthday cake the end of January so my brain is working overtime on ideas now. The 2 nd is a 3 inch sphere mould that I want to try out with isomalt as mini snow glo...
I spent last night in bed trying to find a recipe for pulled sugar I thought it maybe cheaper to make my own than to buy isomalt sticks at £10.99 per pack of 12 which works out to be 12 tablespoons :-/I’m wanting to try my bottle mould so you can imagine it would be very expensive to use isomalt. Anyway I found a recipe seemed simple but where could I buy corn syrup????Thank The Lord for Internet as I found corn syrups equivalent in the UK is Golden syrup :-) so I’m heading to the...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries