I came up with this last summer after struggling to try and find a way to fill small candy gem molds with isomalt. It’s fast, cheap and easy when you need a quick gem and don’t fill like working with hot sugar. You will need: candy gem molds unflavored gelatin (I use Knox) food color paintbrush piping gel or royal icing You need to make the gelatin, in order to do that mix 2 1/2 parts water to 1 part gelatin. I normally do 3TBSP gelatin (about...
This is our first attempt at an iconic character. We were pretty happy with the results!We couldn’t find any help on line, so this is how we made our goofy. We hope it can help! First always make your colors in estimated sizes so that you have it ready when you need it. Stopping to make a color can really slow up your progress and take up a lot of time. Just keep in ziploc as you work. Make 3 balls out of the blue. This will end up the body and the two legs. Roll t...
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
firstly I appologise for the messy work bench and poor quality photographs taken with my phone,but I had a lot happening when I made this. 1. reference material used. 2.Cut slab cake to rough shape 3.Place cardboard template against cake and cut around,I don’t have a template for the top view so just had to guess the width.I usually dont use templates I just do it by eye but I have tried this way to be more accurate. 4.Here I have finished shaping and ganached it up ready fo...
This is a simple tutorial for embedding a design on that giant cupcake cake chocolate shells. Materials needed: Candy melts or chocolate melting wafers Candy colors paint brush Mould of your choice – for this, I simply used a clean, recycled cookie container. :) How to:1. Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave or using a double broiler.2. Separate a small amount you would need for your “painting” and tint them with oil-based colors. *It is a must to u...
I received a lot of interest in this cake board for my latest cake which had a boot on it and so have put together a few pictures I took during the process. 1. Roll out fondant onto board. Mix the fondant to the lightest shade of the stone and add bits of darker shades, roughly moulded in to the paste (I use fairly old fondant mixed with tylose to avoid ripping of the fondant at this stage and also mix bits of old and dry fondant in to create more of an ‘outdoor’ look!) ...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 117 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 21 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries