I came up with this last summer after struggling to try and find a way to fill small candy gem molds with isomalt. It’s fast, cheap and easy when you need a quick gem and don’t fill like working with hot sugar. You will need: candy gem molds unflavored gelatin (I use Knox) food color paintbrush piping gel or royal icing You need to make the gelatin, in order to do that mix 2 1/2 parts water to 1 part gelatin. I normally do 3TBSP gelatin (about...
This is our first attempt at an iconic character. We were pretty happy with the results!We couldn’t find any help on line, so this is how we made our goofy. We hope it can help! First always make your colors in estimated sizes so that you have it ready when you need it. Stopping to make a color can really slow up your progress and take up a lot of time. Just keep in ziploc as you work. Make 3 balls out of the blue. This will end up the body and the two legs. Roll t...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
This is a simple tutorial for embedding a design on that giant cupcake cake chocolate shells. Materials needed: Candy melts or chocolate melting wafers Candy colors paint brush Mould of your choice – for this, I simply used a clean, recycled cookie container. :) How to:1. Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave or using a double broiler.2. Separate a small amount you would need for your “painting” and tint them with oil-based colors. *It is a must to u...
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
This a tutorial on using a pasta maker to create perfect horizontal stripes on fondant or modeling chocolate. 1. Take your chosen base colour of fondant or modelling chocolate and pass it several times through the pasta maker set to its widest setting, until you have a nicely formed, regular shape band of fondant. 2. Take pieces of fondant in your chosen colours for the strips and press each of them into thin bands. It does not matter if they are not quite as long as the base band. ...
First, you’ll need to gather your resources! So, rummage through your goodies and accumulate your loot! Here you go: A clay extruder (we used the Makin’s Professional Clay Extruder) with the largest circle diskFondant in all of your favorite colors! Now, if you grab your trusty set of real crayons, take a look at them. Do you notice that those pesky wrappers are actually a different color than the crayon? Yeah, I sighed too. So–make sure when you grab your red fondant, take a b...
I’m not very good with English so let talk about the pictures, I hope they are understandable. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 89 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries