Step by step tutorial to create this cute snowman :)* 1. What you will need:- White Modelling PasteBlue Modelling Paste (or colour of your choice)Black Modelling PasteOrange Modelling PasteRolling PinEdible Glue & PaintbrushBall ToolDresden ToolCraft KnifePink Blossom Tint & Dusting BrushPiping NozzleDried Spaghetti 2. Begin by rolling a ball of white MP for the lower part of the body, press down slightly to form more of an oval shape 3. Roll a second ball for the middle p...
How to make a 3D World Cake . I bake my cake on the shape of a ball. Ganache it to join to sides together and to correct imperfection this also will give more strength to your ball. I always open my fondant bigger than the size I need, special for a round shape. and I smooth it with a piece of fondant. I google search my image “world map”.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/GURPS_Reign_of_Steel_world_map.pngI cut my conutries and useit as template to cut my fondant....
I received a lot of interest in this cake board for my latest cake which had a boot on it and so have put together a few pictures I took during the process. 1. Roll out fondant onto board. Mix the fondant to the lightest shade of the stone and add bits of darker shades, roughly moulded in to the paste (I use fairly old fondant mixed with tylose to avoid ripping of the fondant at this stage and also mix bits of old and dry fondant in to create more of an ‘outdoor’ look!) ...
More Tutorials available at my FB page.Thanks
This a tutorial on using a pasta maker to create perfect horizontal stripes on fondant or modeling chocolate. 1. Take your chosen base colour of fondant or modelling chocolate and pass it several times through the pasta maker set to its widest setting, until you have a nicely formed, regular shape band of fondant. 2. Take pieces of fondant in your chosen colours for the strips and press each of them into thin bands. It does not matter if they are not quite as long as the base band. ...
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
My cakey friends, here’s another tutorial on how I made the fantasy/ruffle flower shown on the above photo. You can use 50/50 gum paste and fondant mixture or plain gum paste or plain fondant to make this. Happy caking :)
First, you’ll need to gather your resources! So, rummage through your goodies and accumulate your loot! Here you go: A clay extruder (we used the Makin’s Professional Clay Extruder) with the largest circle diskFondant in all of your favorite colors! Now, if you grab your trusty set of real crayons, take a look at them. Do you notice that those pesky wrappers are actually a different color than the crayon? Yeah, I sighed too. So–make sure when you grab your red fondant, take a b...
This is how I made the stone look Vase for my cake, featured in cake central magazine Volume4 Issue1For full Tutorial visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MelinArtCakesCheck out other Tutorials….New tutorials coming soon.
Monograms have been a big trend with wedding cakes now for a couple of years. I do at least one or two monograms a month. I have several different methods I use, but this will be my new “easy monogram” method. And I must confess that I been obsessed with Pinterest lately, so I asked my hubby to help me make my tutorial “Pinterest Friendly”. I’m not sure that it is Pinterest Friendly (its longer than I expected), but it is a very easy method for making monogra...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 43 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- timefortiffin - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries