This is how I made the stone look Vase for my cake, featured in cake central magazine Volume4 Issue1For full Tutorial visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MelinArtCakesCheck out other Tutorials….New tutorials coming soon.
Monograms have been a big trend with wedding cakes now for a couple of years. I do at least one or two monograms a month. I have several different methods I use, but this will be my new “easy monogram” method. And I must confess that I been obsessed with Pinterest lately, so I asked my hubby to help me make my tutorial “Pinterest Friendly”. I’m not sure that it is Pinterest Friendly (its longer than I expected), but it is a very easy method for making monogra...
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
This is the most popular post on my blog, and the most viewed video on my YouTube channel, because it’s something we all have struggled with. In this video tutorial, I will show you my method for getting my cakes ice-rink smooth. And as an added bonus, I will provide my buttercream recipe below the video window. This technique works best with an all butter icing. Feel free to try it with your own recipe, but I am providing my “kids” butter cream recipe if you want to...
More Tutorials available at my FB page.Thanks
I received a lot of interest in this cake board for my latest cake which had a boot on it and so have put together a few pictures I took during the process. 1. Roll out fondant onto board. Mix the fondant to the lightest shade of the stone and add bits of darker shades, roughly moulded in to the paste (I use fairly old fondant mixed with tylose to avoid ripping of the fondant at this stage and also mix bits of old and dry fondant in to create more of an ‘outdoor’ look!) ...
Here is what you will need: Repeat step 2 and 3 with light green fondant. Mix remaining light green fondant with white gumpaste. With smallest petal cutter cut enough petals for 2 rows. For more Tutorials visit my FB page https://www.facebook.com/MelinArtCakes
Cake: 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese 4 eggs 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup vegetable oil Filling: 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup thawed non-dairy whipped topping Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with vegetable cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, beat cake mix, ricot...
1.Here is a picture with all the materials needed. 2. Roll out your pink fondant on a non stick surface. 3. Cut out a large fluted round with a fluted round cutter. 4. Now cut out atleast 1/3 of the round leaving a fan shape. 5. Now indent the fan with a smaller plain edge round cutter. 6. Now using a knife or craft knife, indent lines with equal gaps like show in the picture. 7. Now using the “smiley tool” create indents like in the pic. ...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 16 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 13 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 92 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 13 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries