This a tutorial on using a pasta maker to create perfect horizontal stripes on fondant or modeling chocolate. 1. Take your chosen base colour of fondant or modelling chocolate and pass it several times through the pasta maker set to its widest setting, until you have a nicely formed, regular shape band of fondant. 2. Take pieces of fondant in your chosen colours for the strips and press each of them into thin bands. It does not matter if they are not quite as long as the base band. ...
For more Tutorials visit my Facebook page. Thanks.
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
100% buttercream 2-tiered Wiz of Oz cake theme for March of Dimes benefit.Frost top and bottom tiers in buttercream. On top tier add 2-tones of blue for sky effect and smooth in leaving variations of colors… Outline w/ tooth pick shape for hot air balloon . Out line w/ red #4 and white & red for fill in balloon #5 and black for basket #4. Smooth balloon w/ finger tip dipped in warm water, and then out line again in red #4. Put #5 piped white clouds around to...
I thought it couldn’t hurt to share how I achieved the stucco effect on my Don Quixote cake. It is a pretty simple technique, and to honest, I had fun doing it. Cover a double-barrel cake first in chocolate fondant, then in white fondant. Wrap each layer of fondant around the barrel because 1. trying to cover over by going over the top on a double-barrel is awful; and, 2. the roof covers the top so you don’t have to worry about it! :) The best part is that you don’...
My cakey friends, here’s another tutorial on how I made the fantasy/ruffle flower shown on the above photo. You can use 50/50 gum paste and fondant mixture or plain gum paste or plain fondant to make this. Happy caking :)
As I was getting ready to make some cacti for a southwestern cake, I realized that I didn’t have a cactus cutter. No worries… I downloaded a picture from clip art, printed it and made a template. The first cactus was just too plain, so I decided to add some texture by using a non-slip shelf cover – the type used to put underneath cakes so they won’t move around – the mat has a great texture, which brought life to my cactus. I rolled out the gumpaste on the t...
So as I promised here is the Easter Bunny Topper made with Chocolate Easter Egg. Hope you enjoy it!!!!!!★ ¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨) (¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`★ Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!! And don’t forget there is more videos on Learn Cake Decorating online.http://www.learncakedecoratingonline.com/#oid=5_1
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries