White Magnolia is one of my favorite flowers,it is pretty and easy to make. In this picture-tutorial I want to show, even without Magnolia cutters, you can still create a nice flower.Any ordinary 3 sizes leaf cutter works :-) Please feel free to ask questions. For more Tutorials visit my FB page https://www.facebook.com/MelinArtCakes
My cakey friends, here’s another tutorial on how I made the fantasy/ruffle flower shown on the above photo. You can use 50/50 gum paste and fondant mixture or plain gum paste or plain fondant to make this. Happy caking :)
As I was getting ready to make some cacti for a southwestern cake, I realized that I didn’t have a cactus cutter. No worries… I downloaded a picture from clip art, printed it and made a template. The first cactus was just too plain, so I decided to add some texture by using a non-slip shelf cover – the type used to put underneath cakes so they won’t move around – the mat has a great texture, which brought life to my cactus. I rolled out the gumpaste on the t...
So as I promised here is the Easter Bunny Topper made with Chocolate Easter Egg. Hope you enjoy it!!!!!!★ ¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨) (¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`★ Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!! And don’t forget there is more videos on Learn Cake Decorating online.http://www.learncakedecoratingonline.com/#oid=5_1
Ruffles are everywhere these days, and recently I had a bride want ruffles on her wedding cake. But not fondant ruffles – Oh no, she wanted butter cream ruffles. So I took a few hours to figure them out and I documented the process. Let’s start with an image of the technique, almost completed: Pretty, huh? The best part is, you only need 2 tips to accomplish this look! I have seen a rose tip used to make ruffles, but I have found that the Ateco Tip 070 is absolut...
Or am I just a weirdo? Whether I am working on a cake, or planning one, or even in between cakes…I dream about them. I get some of my best ideas in my sleep. A way to make it look the way I want, or a technique to try. I guess that just goes along with having a passion. This is my passion. Decorating cakes is the best form of creative expression I have found.. for me anyway. I get told a lot that I under-charge for my cakes. How do you charge someone for giving you the opportuni...
This a tutorial on using a pasta maker to create perfect horizontal stripes on fondant or modeling chocolate. 1. Take your chosen base colour of fondant or modelling chocolate and pass it several times through the pasta maker set to its widest setting, until you have a nicely formed, regular shape band of fondant. 2. Take pieces of fondant in your chosen colours for the strips and press each of them into thin bands. It does not matter if they are not quite as long as the base band. ...
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
This weird deviced is called Sheet rock circle cutter and can be found at your local harware store for about $12. I can’t live with out it!!!
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 13 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 91 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries