Turtoria Various photo’s detailing how to make this simple cake
Hope these picture groups are self-explanatory but please just ask if you have any questions! You will also find this tutorial on my Facebook page. thank you for looking and I hope this tutorial is helpful! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.389819501102255.92548.183774861706721&type=1&l=c52b3c2e1aFifix
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
1.Here is a picture with all the materials needed. 2. Roll out your pink fondant on a non stick surface. 3. Cut out a large fluted round with a fluted round cutter. 4. Now cut out atleast 1/3 of the round leaving a fan shape. 5. Now indent the fan with a smaller plain edge round cutter. 6. Now using a knife or craft knife, indent lines with equal gaps like show in the picture. 7. Now using the “smiley tool” create indents like in the pic. ...
Hi We are chuffed with the response from our customers with the Cakes-Away postable box. Had some lovely images posted on FB and twitter of results. The box has been extensively tested by us and we know it works – there are just two simple things that need to be right. 1. The cupcakes the right size for the box – which is why we have provided the cases with the boxes. 2. The icing needs to adhere to the cupcakes. Its as easy as that. Our design means that if you ...
Nothing beats receiving a gift that’s been baked with love! This is my first ever tutorial and I’ll show you just how easy they are to make…Enjoy! What you need:- Approx. 200g white fondant - Corn or sugar syrup- Cornflour- Ruler- Scissors- Small sharp knife- Rolling pin- Pastry brush- Unused paint brush Edible Image (9cm x 9cm square)It’s always best to have the measurements of your image(s) formatted to size before you send it off for printing. This saves y...
Marshmallow icing fondant Make day before going to use 3 tablespoon measure waterPastry scrapperSifterRubber spatula1/2 cup Trex2lb icing sugar16oz marshmallow Put marshmallows in bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water. Put in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Add softened Trex to mixer along with 2lb sifted icing sugar. Stir melted marshmallows and add into mixer. Using dough hook begin mixing and colour or flavour now as well. Once mixed scrap onto icing sugared side making sure to g...
Well what a productive day :-) I’ve managed to get my 4 tier baked 2 vanilla Madeiras a 2 chocolate Madeiras and they all turned out fab. The best was yet to come. For the cake idea I have in mind I needed a light weight cake as a topper but the while surfing Facebook a fab site Shereen’s cakes & bakes put a post up about having used something called RKT for modelling some large penguins on a cake. Not having a clue what this was I started googling and found out it was butter ...
I did a video showing how to assemble the large flowers that use a center and extra petals around it. Since I have another one to make this weekend I thought I’d share the link. This style of cake looks best when the tiers are taller and closer in size to each other, rather than more of a pyramid shape. For example, a 5-7-9-11 will look better than a 5-8-11-14. The taller tiers make it easier to apply the flower petals in a flatter shape and make it look better. One thing I didn...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 89 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries