100% buttercream 2-tiered Wiz of Oz cake theme for March of Dimes benefit.Frost top and bottom tiers in buttercream. On top tier add 2-tones of blue for sky effect and smooth in leaving variations of colors… Outline w/ tooth pick shape for hot air balloon . Out line w/ red #4 and white & red for fill in balloon #5 and black for basket #4. Smooth balloon w/ finger tip dipped in warm water, and then out line again in red #4. Put #5 piped white clouds around to...
Today I’m going to show you some shots of the the Cars cake for the usual double birthday in our family. This is the cake for Marco and, in the next days, you’ll find the Barbie cake for Giorgia. Due to little time we had, there are only few photos, but I hope it’s enough to have an idea of the procedure:) I hope you like itSee you soon!!!Laura
I thought it couldn’t hurt to share how I achieved the stucco effect on my Don Quixote cake. It is a pretty simple technique, and to honest, I had fun doing it. Cover a double-barrel cake first in chocolate fondant, then in white fondant. Wrap each layer of fondant around the barrel because 1. trying to cover over by going over the top on a double-barrel is awful; and, 2. the roof covers the top so you don’t have to worry about it! :) The best part is that you don’...
Have fun with it! https://www.facebook.com/WeddingCakesUK
My cakey friends, here’s another tutorial on how I made the fantasy/ruffle flower shown on the above photo. You can use 50/50 gum paste and fondant mixture or plain gum paste or plain fondant to make this. Happy caking :)
I made this cake last year for my cousin’s birthday.Hope you enjoy it Click play to watch my tutorial More tutorials coming soon please like me on facebook and subscribe on youtube Thank you Anna
“Making simple cupcake toppers using homemade stencils.
This tutorial was made following my “blog post “on a wedding cake project with my friend :) Here’s how I made the sugar succulents. You will be needing: 1. Colored gumpaste. For this project I had colored it mint green with a little moss green. Let the colored gumpaste rest before using.2. Floral wires gauge # 22 and # 26, cut into four inches long. (gauge # may vary depending on the size and thickness of your leaf). In the photo the thin floral wire, gua...
As I was getting ready to make some cacti for a southwestern cake, I realized that I didn’t have a cactus cutter. No worries… I downloaded a picture from clip art, printed it and made a template. The first cactus was just too plain, so I decided to add some texture by using a non-slip shelf cover – the type used to put underneath cakes so they won’t move around – the mat has a great texture, which brought life to my cactus. I rolled out the gumpaste on the t...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 43 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- timefortiffin - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries