I have plans later on this year for a far more detail on the 2 doll cakes I experimented with.. but as I have been asked many times for this, here is just a mini version of Oliver, which may help give some insight towards inspiring you to give it a go.. it really is very simple to make if time-strapped (as I was ) and only took a day :) Here is Oliver…. So here is the 10” sponge cake I baked to start :) here is where I demarcated the head… this was guesswork R...
I have had some interest in “how to” on this cake, so here is a tutorial to help along the way. Carved and ganache chocolate cake (apologies I do not have photos of the smoothing process) I then covered it with flesh coloured fondant. Then I covered with blue fondant that I previously had cut a pattern and did the same for the burgundy coloured fondant too. To save time, I used a floral patchwork cutter to indent a pattern so I have an outline to follow fo...
I’m not very good with English so let talk about the pictures, I hope they are understandable. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can
Hi everyone, This is a tutorial . It’s how I made it easy en quick for my self. Good luck!x Peggy ( Precious Taarten )
To see the all tutorial with photos click here CLASSIC PIANO TUTORIALBy ANA REMÍGIO This was my first attempt at making an elevated piano. I’m sure there may be alternative methods for doing these steps but this was the way that worked for me. 1 – First of all, you need to do the structure to hold the cake. I used two cake boards, a round one for the base ( big and strong enough for the entire cake to sit on), and a rectangular ( thinner) one to cut the piano shape (that wi...
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
This tutorial is the technique that I came up with that made it easier for me to make sure that I got straight even sides and a completely flat top every time I ganached a cake. The technique I came up with is kind of a mix of the upside down method that everyone knows about and the technique used by Faye Cahill where she uses two boards (one on top and one on bottom) to help ganache her cakes. My technique as I say is a mix of both and hopefully you find it helpful. There are many way...
two brands of food safe FDA approved silicone mold I use . I buy this two from Michael’s using 40-50% coupons. The box comes with two different colored component. varieties of knick knacks one may use to make a silicone mold impression :) hunt around your house for a “dish” deep enough to hold the mold you’re planning to make. It doesn’t have to be fancy, even a disposable container cover will do :) take equal amount of each silicone component, knead ...
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
1) What you will need.Fondant, a ruler, exacto knife, rolling pin, water and a brush2) Roll fondant out about 1/8-1/16’ thick then trim down to 4×43) Then divide into 4 sections of 2×2. I only cut 4 squares at a time. Too many more and they will start to dry out before you can get to them4) Gather one end like you would if you were making a bow.5)Then the other side.6) Now this is the “Billow” I smash the ends flat.7) Slightly fold the edges in t...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 89 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries