Hi, I think pictures are simple and no need for more descriptions but if you have any question please ask.
I posted this edible peacock feather tutorial on my blog earlier this year and it has by far been the most popular blog entry I have done so far. I thought I would share it here as well for anyone that might be interested in trying to make them. This my first tutorial and it isn’t the greatest, but hopefully it will provide some ideas about how to create edible feathers. I have seen edible feathers done in several different mediums: rice paper, gum paste, or fondant. For the purpose...
To make (non-wired) gum paste carnations, you’ll need: gum paste, rolling pin, small modeling tool (or popsicle stick, chopstick, etc.), carnation cutter or a scalloped round cutter, shaping foam, dusting pouch, dog bone/ball tool, veining tool, frill stick, gum glue, food safe brush, empty egg carton. Making the Base: Dust work surfaces to precent gum paste sticking. Roll a marble-sized (or larger, depending on the size of carnation needed) ball of gum paste. Elongate the bal...
To make gum paste leaves on floral wire, you’ll need: 26 gauge (food safe) wire, green gum paste, rolling pin, angled offset spatula, CelBoard, gum glue, rose leaf cutter, dusting pouch, and a leaf veining mold or shaping foam and veining tool. CelBoards are nifty rolling boards that have grooves along one side and circular indentions on the other. I’m not sure how I would make wired gum paste leaves without one, because they make such a handy ridge on the back of the leaf for ...
In order to make gum paste carnations on wires, you need to make the bases in advance. I like to make mine at least a day ahead and let them dry overnight. You’ll need 22 gauge (food safe) floral wire, needle nose pliers, gum glue (dissolve a pinch of gum paste in a small amount of water), a small food safe brush, and gum paste. Using the pliers, make a small hook at one end of the wire. Pinch off a small amount of gum paste and roll into a little bulb. Dip the hooked end of t...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 16 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 13 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 93 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Bobbie - 16 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- Melinartcakes - 11 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries