What is Brush Embroidery?It is a decorative technique used in sugar craft art. A paintbrush is stroked through royal icing leaving behind brush strokes which resemble stitching in fabric. It looks so beautiful and effective and it is not overly time consuming, what could be better! How can I use this technique?2D and 3D flowers, 2D animals and objects, ocean wave tips, fur (e.g. adding texture in a structured way) and as an outline/border. These images could be put on, for example ca...
Recently I have posted a couple of cake showing filigree butterflies (in cake album) .. I have often been asked how to make these butterflies and all that is required is patience and practise. they do not take long and always remember to make more than you need as they are fragile and do break easily… in these informed photos, you will see variations on a theme… its only a mini tutorial, so hope you enjoy and give it a try :) ... fee free to ask questions and I will do my best to ...
I just LOVE Valentine’s Day and especially all the baking and fun treats that go along with it! Here is a tutorial on how to make Valentine boxer shorts cookies! These cookies may look difficult to make but honestly anyone can do these no matter what your skill level and they are sure to impress your honey! This technique can be used to make any shape of cookie… with St. Patrick’s Day and Easter coming up the possibilities are endless! First bake up a batch of you...
Is there a little bun in your or someones oven…and love to see little booties on babies feet. Well this tutorial will be great for topping your cake off with baby booties. This tutorial has great step by step pictures to help guide you along. http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2010/01/ooooh-baby-easy-sugarpaste-booties-by.html Step 1 – Roll out your paste about 1/4” thick. You can use fondant or gumpaste. I’m using gumpaste on these. The set comes with three cu...
Nothing beats receiving a gift that’s been baked with love! This is my first ever tutorial and I’ll show you just how easy they are to make…Enjoy! What you need:- Approx. 200g white fondant - Corn or sugar syrup- Cornflour- Ruler- Scissors- Small sharp knife- Rolling pin- Pastry brush- Unused paint brush Edible Image (9cm x 9cm square)It’s always best to have the measurements of your image(s) formatted to size before you send it off for printing. This saves y...
For more Tutorials visit my Facebook page.Thanks.
Here’s how I make my White Modelling Chocolate – Simple and Easy.
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries