Tutorial and pictures on How to get a wood-grain effect on Fondant. Needed supplies: White fondant, Brown fondant, brown gel color, small paint brush, Fondant Veining tool or toothpicks, Sponge or sponge paintbrush, Vanilla Extract or Vodka 1.) I took two batches of Fondant, one in white and one in brown. In this case I used Chocolate Fondant. 2.) I then added a tiny bit of the brown fondant to the white to give it a tannish color. 3.) I took a bit of each color an...
What is Brush Embroidery?It is a decorative technique used in sugar craft art. A paintbrush is stroked through royal icing leaving behind brush strokes which resemble stitching in fabric. It looks so beautiful and effective and it is not overly time consuming, what could be better! How can I use this technique?2D and 3D flowers, 2D animals and objects, ocean wave tips, fur (e.g. adding texture in a structured way) and as an outline/border. These images could be put on, for example ca...
I have seen other tutorials on this “Patterns inside a cake” technique but I didn’t know the importance of making the inside image tight if you want each piece to reflect a perfect image. My husband thought up this idea and it works great! I baked a pink cake and cut a small wedge to cut my piece out of. This is all the pieces.. see how they are wedge shaped? This allows for a tight image. Now place the hearts upside down in a small pool of cake mix. I u...
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. ...
I’m using only pictures for this one, hope they all speak for themselves. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them! XXX Barbara Hoogendoorn | Taart Nouveau | Netherlands
I posted this to my blog this morning, but I wasn’t sure if I could share videos on here or not. In this video, I present the method I use to get a diamond / harlequin effect on my buttercream cakes. Hope you enjoy!
Raise your hand if you’ve ever had to transport a cake and thought that your heart just couldn’t take the strain. (raising hand)Raise your hand if you’ve ever transported a cake and mourned the crack that showed up in the frosting. (raising hand)This post is for you.I recently made these two baby shower cakes for a friend. She had to take them on a 6 hour drive! That’s right, 6 hours! Obviously, she couldn’t balance them on her lap the whole dri...
I made this tutorial (my first ever) a couple of months ago when I needed a small amount of black fondant for a special project… it was an experiment that worked brilliantly!!! Hope you get some help from it, click through the pictures for instructions please :) The objective was to make an economical black coloured fondant – because here it is about $16 for 500 grams and I think thats a terrible price… I begin with just 10 ordinary white marshmallows (cheaper ones work b...
You will need Silicone Spatula Giant cupcake mould (silicone) White Chocolate – 300gms A fridge LOL Colouring to your desired choice A little patience Firstly bake your Giant cupcake, allow to cool and set to one side. I use a silicone mould for my giant cupcakes, I find them much more versatile than the metal tins and much easier. I also dont use Candy melts because a few people say that they are far too sweet, I stick with White chocolate and providing tha...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 117 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 21 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- FindYourCake - 8 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries