Best Chocolate American Butter Cream Icing (Crusting) This chocolate butter cream is absolutely lush and has a nice, rich brown color. It crusts well, so you can use the Viva method to smooth it. It also pipes beautifully. By far my favorite recipe for chocolate ABC when it comes to taste. Recipe doubles and triples well! Ingredients 1 cup salted butter, softened (2 sticks) 6 to 8 ounces unsweetened, bittersweet, or semi-sweet chocolate (or any combination) 2 tablespoons clear ...
I posted this to my blog this morning, but I wasn’t sure if I could share videos on here or not. In this video, I present the method I use to get a diamond / harlequin effect on my buttercream cakes. Hope you enjoy!
Ok, so this two-toned technique has many applications, but I used it to create a landscape on the side of my cub scout cake. It worked so well, I can’t wait to find a good reason to use it again! Wait until you see how easy it is! Sure you could create a similar look with fondant, but buttercream makes for better eating.Start by smoothly frosting the cake tier with the background color of your choice. Since I’m making a landscape, I frosted my cake in blue for the sky.For my s...
Ruffles are everywhere these days, and recently I had a bride want ruffles on her wedding cake. But not fondant ruffles – Oh no, she wanted butter cream ruffles. So I took a few hours to figure them out and I documented the process. Let’s start with an image of the technique, almost completed: Pretty, huh? The best part is, you only need 2 tips to accomplish this look! I have seen a rose tip used to make ruffles, but I have found that the Ateco Tip 070 is absolut...
This is the most popular post on my blog, and the most viewed video on my YouTube channel, because it’s something we all have struggled with. In this video tutorial, I will show you my method for getting my cakes ice-rink smooth. And as an added bonus, I will provide my buttercream recipe below the video window. This technique works best with an all butter icing. Feel free to try it with your own recipe, but I am providing my “kids” butter cream recipe if you want to...
Made this tutorial when I was asked a few times how to do this technique. Hope you enjoy it. :) VIDEO HERE Photo:
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 89 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries