This is a pillow cake for a 50th birthday. The shoe is made of fondant/gumpaste and completely edible. We two-toned the fondant with purple on the bottom and biege on top with white royal accents. 10 inch and 6 inch tiers are of yellow cake and filled with chocolate mousse and oreo cookie crumbs. The pans were the newest in the Wilton line and simply great to use. We were so impressed that we can’t wait till we need to make another. Here is a brief showcasing of what we did an...
Here is how I made my little sugarpaste Minions from the movie ‘Discpicable Me’ Firstly you will need….a small amount of yellow, blue, black and white sugarpastea craft knifea rolling pina cocktail sticka jumbo straw (not esseintial)and a black edible food colouring pen (not essential) With the yellow sugarpaste, take a small piece off for the arms and roll into a long thin sausage shape, cut in half to form little arms about 1.5cms long and flatten down one end sl...
Detailed step by step tutorial on how to create a little pony
This is our first attempt at an iconic character. We were pretty happy with the results!We couldn’t find any help on line, so this is how we made our goofy. We hope it can help! First always make your colors in estimated sizes so that you have it ready when you need it. Stopping to make a color can really slow up your progress and take up a lot of time. Just keep in ziploc as you work. Make 3 balls out of the blue. This will end up the body and the two legs. Roll t...
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
Thanks to a few people who have urged me to share the process of making a fondant fairy plaque, I’ve created a photo tutorial. Enjoy..and let me know if you have any questions :) I found a fairy image I liked by Googling “fairy coloring pages.”. I’ve also done several ‘Rainbow magic fairy’ cakes in the past. Print at least two copies to scale for your cake. In this photo, you see the bottom of an 8 inch cake pan. I made a seven inch round ...
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. ...
I’m using only pictures for this one, hope they all speak for themselves. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them! XXX Barbara Hoogendoorn | Taart Nouveau | Netherlands
We are not sure if anyone will need this tutorial, but we know we would have loved to have had one. After several disasterous cannoli filling attempts, we finally figured out the perfect blend. If we can help just one person avoid wasting a lot of expensive cheese, it will be worth doing this tutorial! This recipe makes enough for 36 mini cannoli’s filled very generously. Here is the recipe ingredients: 2 1/4 cups confectionary sugar6 tablespoons of cornstarch1 tablespoon of v...
You will need Silicone Spatula Giant cupcake mould (silicone) White Chocolate – 300gms A fridge LOL Colouring to your desired choice A little patience Firstly bake your Giant cupcake, allow to cool and set to one side. I use a silicone mould for my giant cupcakes, I find them much more versatile than the metal tins and much easier. I also dont use Candy melts because a few people say that they are far too sweet, I stick with White chocolate and providing tha...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries