Detailed step by step tutorial on how to create a little pony
I’m not very good with English so let talk about the pictures, I hope they are understandable. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can
I have had some interest in “how to” on this cake, so here is a tutorial to help along the way. Carved and ganache chocolate cake (apologies I do not have photos of the smoothing process) I then covered it with flesh coloured fondant. Then I covered with blue fondant that I previously had cut a pattern and did the same for the burgundy coloured fondant too. To save time, I used a floral patchwork cutter to indent a pattern so I have an outline to follow fo...
This is a pillow cake for a 50th birthday. The shoe is made of fondant/gumpaste and completely edible. We two-toned the fondant with purple on the bottom and biege on top with white royal accents. 10 inch and 6 inch tiers are of yellow cake and filled with chocolate mousse and oreo cookie crumbs. The pans were the newest in the Wilton line and simply great to use. We were so impressed that we can’t wait till we need to make another. Here is a brief showcasing of what we did an...
I have plans later on this year for a far more detail on the 2 doll cakes I experimented with.. but as I have been asked many times for this, here is just a mini version of Oliver, which may help give some insight towards inspiring you to give it a go.. it really is very simple to make if time-strapped (as I was ) and only took a day :) Here is Oliver…. So here is the 10” sponge cake I baked to start :) here is where I demarcated the head… this was guesswork R...
I had posted these previously in a forum where someone was searching for a moist vanilla cupcake recipe, but thought I’d re-post in the “official” recipe section to make it a little easier to find ;) This is the recipe I’ve been using for my vanilla cupcakes and have had lots of success with them coming out nice and moist! The only thing I’ll caution on is this – if you’re only baking one dozen at a time, leave the rest of your batter in your bowl and re-whip with a spatu...
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. ...
I just posted this on facebook today and thought I’d share with all of you here. It was a trick I learned in College and still use today. It’s my first tutorial and quite simple; but, it is useful if you’ve just run out of royal icing or buttercream, lost that grass tip, want your grass a bit finer than from a garlic press or don’t yet have an extruder. Hopefully it will be helpful to a few of you. Thanks for looking. :) You only need 5 tools:■a mesh sieve■a thi...
This is our first attempt at an iconic character. We were pretty happy with the results!We couldn’t find any help on line, so this is how we made our goofy. We hope it can help! First always make your colors in estimated sizes so that you have it ready when you need it. Stopping to make a color can really slow up your progress and take up a lot of time. Just keep in ziploc as you work. Make 3 balls out of the blue. This will end up the body and the two legs. Roll t...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 15 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 12 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 90 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 12 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries