1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
1.Here is a picture with all the materials needed. 2. Roll out your pink fondant on a non stick surface. 3. Cut out a large fluted round with a fluted round cutter. 4. Now cut out atleast 1/3 of the round leaving a fan shape. 5. Now indent the fan with a smaller plain edge round cutter. 6. Now using a knife or craft knife, indent lines with equal gaps like show in the picture. 7. Now using the “smiley tool” create indents like in the pic. ...
Well what a productive day :-) I’ve managed to get my 4 tier baked 2 vanilla Madeiras a 2 chocolate Madeiras and they all turned out fab. The best was yet to come. For the cake idea I have in mind I needed a light weight cake as a topper but the while surfing Facebook a fab site Shereen’s cakes & bakes put a post up about having used something called RKT for modelling some large penguins on a cake. Not having a clue what this was I started googling and found out it was butter ...
I had started gathering all my cake essentials and came across a brilliant web site www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk and OMG I must be a rated customer now :-) its like toysrus for cake lovers. The product I took to straight away was the sugarveil it just looked fab and how right I was. While I eagerly waited for it to arrive I research the Internet for how to do it, what goes wrong which was good as the first time I used it, it turned out perfect. I now make sugarveil everyday. The start u...
Hi and if your reading this or looking at my cakes you will realise I’m not a pro and just starting out. So far I’m loving baking and creating cakes. The only problem I’m having at the moment is too many ideas lol I just want to make everything. I get an idea in my head of how I want it to look then put pencil to is per to design it and figure out what to use. So far it’s been hard everything doesn’t pan out smoothly but I see it as learning as I go along. I have...
Is someone having a camo party and want to make their party complete with a camo cake or cupcakes well here is the perfect tutorial to show you how. http://thecraftymamablog.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/camouflage-cupcakes-tutorial/ I started out with 2 box mixes, one chocolate, one white. Divide the batter into 4 bowls. 1: White batter. 2: White batter with green food coloring and a dash of chocolate batter. 3: Equal parts chocolate and white batter. 4: Chocolate batter. ...
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
I love my job and would happily do it for free. Well actually there have been many times over the last few years when it almost has been but knowing it was a for a higher purpose, made it a no brainer. Should I make these 400 macarons for a new up and coming designer for her after party at the Spring/Summer Fashion Show?. Should I make them for free in return for advertising and inclusion in the “Goody Bags”?? Sure why not…...I have nothing better to do with my time, whilst ...
Is there a little bun in your or someones oven…and love to see little booties on babies feet. Well this tutorial will be great for topping your cake off with baby booties. This tutorial has great step by step pictures to help guide you along. http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2010/01/ooooh-baby-easy-sugarpaste-booties-by.html Step 1 – Roll out your paste about 1/4” thick. You can use fondant or gumpaste. I’m using gumpaste on these. The set comes with three cu...
This (to me) is the hardest part about making a cake, getting that great clean smooth finish. With this tutorial by Whisk Kid, they show you how to frost a cake the best way every, with a scraper. Getting a bowl scraper, metal one, or any kind of scraper is the best way (to me) on how to create that smooth finish. This step my step word and picture tutorial will help you create that great finish. http://www.whisk-kid.com/2011/02/how-to-frost-cake.html
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 17 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 13 parts
- Tutorial - 9 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Recipes Contest - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 94 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Bobbie - 16 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- Melinartcakes - 11 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries