Dear Sugar Diary: I am having a super late dinner….and thinking about the things I hear on a daily basis…some are genuine….some are insulting….some are just outrageous! So I will share my list : TOP 5 THINGS THIS CAKER HAS HAD ASKED OR SAID TO HER: 1- “Hi Shey… I was wondering how much for a cake?” ...yup just like that…no details…no explanation…just the cost of a cake in general I guess…..-- 2- “Hi Shey...
For more Tutorials visit my Facebook page. Thanks.
1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
I thought it couldn’t hurt to share how I achieved the stucco effect on my Don Quixote cake. It is a pretty simple technique, and to honest, I had fun doing it. Cover a double-barrel cake first in chocolate fondant, then in white fondant. Wrap each layer of fondant around the barrel because 1. trying to cover over by going over the top on a double-barrel is awful; and, 2. the roof covers the top so you don’t have to worry about it! :) The best part is that you don’...
Hi everyone, My Name is Tammy. i’m new to Cakes Decor so i’m still learning about it all.A little about me. i live in NSW Australia, Wollongong. i’m still new to cake decorating as my first cake was only 6months, i am a self taught maker, i have never attended a class as yet. i have 3 small boys withmy oldest just started school so i don’t really find the time for that. I do most of my work at when they are all tucked in bed. i don’t sleep much. lolin the l...
I was going to say “it has been a long time coming” but I don’t know if those are the right words or the right expression. Its not like it has been my life’s goal to have my own cake studio….... I suppose for the last couple of years there has been that niggling thought, lurking in the back of my mind, that something like that would one day be a possibility ??? And then BAM … I sign my name on the dotted line and all of a sudden I am faced with the prosp...
Over the last couple of months I have entertained the thought of buying in my cakes to decorate…... I really am busy and a day spent standing in front of my oven baking (and then a good hour or so of cleaning my kitchen and cake pans) could be better spent elsewhere. Paperwork, updating my blog, website or cake photo albums or perhaps I could do the grocery shopping for the house so that my husband and kids have something other than cake “restovers” and ganache to eat! I ...
The roof of the windmill – the bones of it are not pretty, but it worked.I wish now that I had taken more photos, it’s all a learning experience. Hopefully the pictures I do have will at least paint enough of a picture for you. I warned you that it wasn’t pretty. I used a 1” Styrofoam riser as the base, and then used some scrap pieces of Styrofoam to begin the shape (each piece of Styrofoam was attached using glue and left to set up). To get the cone shape, I...
Before we start, that is a picture of Keanu Reeves eating a cupcake! Sadly it’s not one of mine or am I the cupcake!! But I thought this picture would be better than just a cupcake alone for today ; ) One of the problems I found when starting baking was cupcake cases peeling away from the cake after baking!This is a big problem when doing batches of cupcakes for customers, It basically means starting over which can make you want to tear your hair out! I stressed for a couple of months ...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- Disaster strikes - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 117 entries
- Bobbie - 44 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 21 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 15 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- FindYourCake - 8 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries