To be redone
I’m not very good with English so let talk about the pictures, I hope they are understandable. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them as best I can
Recently I have posted a couple of cake showing filigree butterflies (in cake album) .. I have often been asked how to make these butterflies and all that is required is patience and practise. they do not take long and always remember to make more than you need as they are fragile and do break easily… in these informed photos, you will see variations on a theme… its only a mini tutorial, so hope you enjoy and give it a try :) ... fee free to ask questions and I will do my best to ...
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
Hi everyone! I have worked with Modelling Chocolate (referred to as M/C throughout this article) many times over the past few months, trying to find the perfect recipe, and the best ways to use it. I have encountered many wonderful results, but also disasters, mistakes and mishaps. This is why I have decided to write this article, so none of you will ever have to perform a M/C ‘test-period’ again! Modelling Chocolate has changed the wonders of modern day Sugarcraft. It has adde...
Raise your hand if you’ve ever had to transport a cake and thought that your heart just couldn’t take the strain. (raising hand)Raise your hand if you’ve ever transported a cake and mourned the crack that showed up in the frosting. (raising hand)This post is for you.I recently made these two baby shower cakes for a friend. She had to take them on a 6 hour drive! That’s right, 6 hours! Obviously, she couldn’t balance them on her lap the whole dri...
More to follow
firstly I appologise for the messy work bench and poor quality photographs taken with my phone,but I had a lot happening when I made this. 1. reference material used. 2.Cut slab cake to rough shape 3.Place cardboard template against cake and cut around,I don’t have a template for the top view so just had to guess the width.I usually dont use templates I just do it by eye but I have tried this way to be more accurate. 4.Here I have finished shaping and ganached it up ready fo...
I have just been scrolling through the silent cakes album.. Not only are some of them amongst the most amazing cakes i have ever seen but they are more than worthy of being in the top 3. Im new here and Im wondering why many people dont comment on others cakes yet hope to get comments on their own?? Im happy to comment on cakes that take my eye even if i have a recent cake up myself but i understand that some people wouldnt.. but cant these people comment on other cakes to encourage other use...
- New beginnings - 26 parts
- Interviews - 20 parts
- CakesDecor.com Cake Themes - 14 parts
- Tutorial - 10 parts
- Sugar Diary by Sugar Shey - 6 parts
- Lalaloopsy cake toppers - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest 2012 - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Tutorials Contest - 6 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Fall 2012 - 5 parts
- CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2013 - 5 parts
- Michal Bulla - 116 entries
- Bobbie - 43 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 22 entries
- Melinartcakes - 20 entries
- Ciccio - 16 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 16 entries
- For the love of cake - 14 entries
- timefortiffin - 12 entries
- cakes by khandra - 12 entries
- Nancy's Fancy's Cakes & Catering (Nancy Goolsby) - 11 entries
- cakesbynadia - 11 entries
- funfetti - 11 entries
- Verusca Walker - 10 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 10 entries
- beasweet - 8 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 8 entries
- FindYourCake - 7 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 7 entries
- AnaRemigio - 7 entries