1. Start with a Cake that has been baked in a ball tin or in this cake a 2 litre pyrex bowl. 2. Layer, fill and coat the cake with buttercream as normal. 3. Roll out red sugarpaste. 4, over the cake with the sugarpaste and smooth starting from the top and working your way down a little at a time. 5. Trim away the excess sugarpaste. 6. I then covered my cake board in sugarpaste and added some grains etc to make it look like wood and then painted with brown paste ...
Best Chocolate American Butter Cream Icing (Crusting) This chocolate butter cream is absolutely lush and has a nice, rich brown color. It crusts well, so you can use the Viva method to smooth it. It also pipes beautifully. By far my favorite recipe for chocolate ABC when it comes to taste. Recipe doubles and triples well! Ingredients 1 cup salted butter, softened (2 sticks) 6 to 8 ounces unsweetened, bittersweet, or semi-sweet chocolate (or any combination) 2 tablespoons clear ...
My Favorite Carrot Cake (Featuring Cream Cheese Icing and Pecans) This cake is super moist and so easy to make! I can make this recipe and have a perfectly finished cake and a spotless kitchen in 90 minutes!! Feel free to substitute walnuts for pecans, either is excellent. Cake Ingredients4 eggs2 cups granulated sugar1 1/4 cups vegetable oil2 tsp pure vanilla extract2 cups all-purpose flour2 tsp baking powder2 tsp baking soda2 tsp ground cinnamon1/2 tsp salt3 cups grated carrots (se...
I posted this to my blog this morning, but I wasn’t sure if I could share videos on here or not. In this video, I present the method I use to get a diamond / harlequin effect on my buttercream cakes. Hope you enjoy!
This is a simple tutorial for embedding a design on that giant cupcake cake chocolate shells. Materials needed: Candy melts or chocolate melting wafers Candy colors paint brush Mould of your choice – for this, I simply used a clean, recycled cookie container. :) How to:1. Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave or using a double broiler.2. Separate a small amount you would need for your “painting” and tint them with oil-based colors. *It is a must to u...
For more details of step-by-step tutorial please visit my page at : http://www.facebook.com/joyliciouscakes
Raise your hand if you’ve ever had to transport a cake and thought that your heart just couldn’t take the strain. (raising hand)Raise your hand if you’ve ever transported a cake and mourned the crack that showed up in the frosting. (raising hand)This post is for you.I recently made these two baby shower cakes for a friend. She had to take them on a 6 hour drive! That’s right, 6 hours! Obviously, she couldn’t balance them on her lap the whole dri...
After Hello Kitty Themed cakes, it’s time to post another part of the Cake Themes, today. We decided to showcase purse cake, handbag cake, bag cake and few suitcase cakes. Thank you all for posting them.
Here is my attempt at a tutorial for the Converse HighTop Sneaker that i did for my daughter. It’s my first attempt at a tutorial, so big learning curve there, so please let me know if you have any questions! www.facebook.com/sweetscenecakes sweet scene cakes on facebookwww.sweetscenecakes.com sweetscenecakes *One additional note added regarding the carving of the front bottom of the shoe…i noticed that my daughters shoe curved up in the front, so i carved a bit out from ...
- Michal Bulla - 92 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 13 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries
- ShailesEdibleArt - 5 entries
- cakesbyraewyn - 5 entries
- TheBakingSheet - 5 entries
- cakedarla - 5 entries
- lulusbakery - 4 entries
- clarita - 4 entries
- Callicious Cakes - 4 entries
- FifiCakes - 4 entries
- BellaCakes & Confections - 4 entries