I am a self-taught, certifiable crazy cake lady! I am obsessed with cakes and spend probably 90% of my day either making cake, dreaming about cake, looking at cake or drawing cake (the other 10% of the time I’m sleeping!). I am a born and raised Scot and currently live in Perthshire in Scotland with my amazing husband and two crazy kittens. I work as an IT Support Technician (snooze) by day and a cake decorator on the side, but hopefully in the next 12 months cakes will finally b...
Check out my new topper, she is still a work in progress but I am liking how she is coming along. Steampunk Annie
Sand Castle cake tutorial. http://cakerycreation.blogspot.com/2012/08/sand-castle-cake-tutorial-by-liz-at.html or https://www.facebook.com/Cakery.Creation Step 1: Cut paper towel cardboard tubes to desired length Step 2:Cover tubes in gumpaste. Using a ball tool press into the gumpaste for the window Step 3: Measure around your covered tube. Roll and cut out a piece of gumpaste specific to your measurements. This is going to be the top portion of your castle turret. Once you have...
I have my first Wedding topper order, for September – Yay!It’s a couple in Wedding outfits but with a Glastonbury theme …..so expect mud, wellies, banners, maybe a cow and did I say mud!Excited. Com
I have made the decision to stop making cakes…aargh! I’m certain it’s the right thing to do now.I am going to make polymer clay Wedding/celebration toppers and see where this takes me. I have always enjoyed personalising my cakes so this for me is the next logical step…..wish me luck!
The results are in and it’s time to officially announce the winners of the CakesDecor Quarterly Awards - Summer 2012. There were 69 entries posted in the Topsy Turvy category, 47 votes were cast during this period. And here are the winning cakes… ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Winner – $200 Cash Prize 100 points ~ Runner Up – $50 Cash Prize 65 points ~ Three Winners (random draw) – CakesDecor Apron Kimma Thomas McLure Kr...
This tutorial shows you how to get the hand-painted leopard print look as seen here and in my cake photos. I’m sure I’m not the first or the only one to do it this way, but after being asked by several people for tips I decided to put my method in writing. Feel free to credit or link to any other tutorials on this subject. This technique begins with a fondant covered cake. I first brush the cake with vodka to get rid of any excess cornstarch and to ensure a smooth and flawle...
Please bare with me this is the first tutorial i have ever done (minus posting it on my own page) To start with you will need 1 egg cup or if you are better equipped then a flower former 1 flower leaf shaper tool 1 foam pad 1 sharp knife or scissors 1 paintbrush A little water Some greese proof paper And quite obviously the most important thing of all… Gumpaste Start with 4 pieces of gumpaste all around the same size. You can weigh these although i just estimate Make yo...
Here is a free video showing how to make this beautiful cake featuring Sharon Zambito of www.SugarEdProductions.com and Dominic Palazollo of www.MarvelousMolds.com ENJOY! VIDEO HERE
- Michal Bulla - 91 entries
- Kirstie's cakes - 32 entries
- Ciccio - 15 entries
- couturecakesbyrose - 15 entries
- Bobbie - 13 entries
- Cakes by Khandra (sweettooth) - 12 entries
- veenaartofcakes - 11 entries
- funfetti - 10 entries
- Verusca Walker - 9 entries
- Melinartcakes - 9 entries
- cakesbynadia - 9 entries
- SugarMummyCupcakes - 9 entries
- Karla (Sweet K) - 6 entries
- Nicholas Ang - 6 entries
- simplycakes - 6 entries
- SugarShey - 6 entries
- caymancake - 6 entries
- CakeryCreation - 6 entries
- Thecakeaddict - 5 entries
- LMCakeDesign - 5 entries
- Karen Flude - 5 entries
- ShailesEdibleArt - 5 entries
- cakesbyraewyn - 5 entries
- TheBakingSheet - 5 entries
- cakedarla - 5 entries
- lulusbakery - 4 entries
- clarita - 4 entries
- Callicious Cakes - 4 entries
- FifiCakes - 4 entries
- BellaCakes & Confections - 4 entries