Yields: 2-9” Round Cake Pans
- 2 Cups sifted Cake Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3/4 Cups sifted Cocoa
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Boiling Brewed Coffee (intensifies the chocolate flavour); or 1 Cup Boiling Water
1. Preheat Oven to 300° F (this is a slow bake chocolate cake).
2. Grease pans with Crisco Shortening and line with parchment paper and dust with flour.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, whisk all the dry ingredients together.
2. Combine eggs one at a time and mix on medium speed until smooth.
3. Add buttermilk slowly and continue to mix on medium. Scrape down the sides.
4. Add oil slowly and continue to mix on medium.
5. Add vanilla and coffee/boiling water until blended smooth. It will have a watery texture but be not afraid!
6. Pour evenly into baking pans and bake for 1 hour, and then checking every 5 minutes after that if need be.
7. Toothpick test your cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of your cake. If it comes out clean, it’s done.! If not, put it in the oven for an additional 5 minutes and test again.
8. Allow to cool.
-- Esther @ The Frosted Cake Boutique | https://www.facebook.com/TheFrostedCakeBoutique