1) What you will need.
Fondant, a ruler, exacto knife, rolling pin, water and a brush
2) Roll fondant out about 1/8-1/16’ thick then trim down to 4×4
3) Then divide into 4 sections of 2×2. I only cut 4 squares at a time. Too many more and they will start to dry out before you can get to them
4) Gather one end like you would if you were making a bow.
5)Then the other side.
6) Now this is the “Billow” I smash the ends flat.
7) Slightly fold the edges in toward the inside of the billow. Brush water onto the ends.
8) Stick the first row along the botom of the cake slightly over lapping the ends. The next row should fit into the spaces from the row under. When you put them into the space you may have to work them in so that no cake shows through. This is why you need them to still be soft. Making these ahead of time will not work.
Now for the dots.
Thats pretty simple. Just roll up some fondant into a ball and flatten in slightly between your fingers. Wet the dot and place it in between each billow until you are completely finsh!! Great job!! Now you can billow anything!!!